[DeTomaso] Response from Piloti

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Thu Jan 29 19:35:09 EST 2009

On a whim I wrote Piloti.  Their response only confirms my belief.............The US is doomed!

Hi Ian,

We're glad you are pleased with the fit and design of your Prototipos.  We, too, would like to make our shoes in the US.  However, the factories to make modern athletic shoes have not existing here in over 20 years.  In fact, every athletic footwear company makes its shoes in Asia, whether it's in China, Korea, Thailand or Vietnam.  Athletic shoe companies that show "made in America" typically glue bottom units to uppers here with Asian or foreign-made components, just as our domestic car companies do, because that is what the law allows to be called "made in the USA."  Our company was founded in California and we design all our shoes here.  We understand your position and hope you enjoy your Prototipos.

Cheers,

Kevin