[DeTomaso] Slippery Slope: Shift Linkage U-Joints, Replacementsd

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Jan 28 13:55:20 EST 2009

All,

>From what I am hearing these "u-joints" actually sound like a "coupler". Something with splines on either end, and a real U-JOINT in the middle of it....4 round thingys with a cross deallybob in the middle that may or may not have a grease zerk on it.......

If this is the case, well then I'm screwed.  The Mangusta uses a similar arrangement, but the boyz at the factory saw fit to WELD their "couplers" to the various pieces of the shafts, both shift and steering.  This leaves Goose owners little option but to replace the actual u-joint.

Has anyone ever found the actual u-joint?  (without all the splined coupling stuff on them) I want to say that the cup diameter was 12-14mm....but I don't have my notes in front of me.....

Steve