[DeTomaso] how to remove push in connectors for radiator fan

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 27 01:09:27 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/26/09 7:05:02 PM, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> I am removing the push in pins that secure my fans to the radiator.  They
> are the dreaded type that eventually cut holes in the radiator core- My car
> came this way.   I don't see an easy way to remove them....

Once the fans are removed, there's no weight on the push-pins to cause them
to cut the tubes, so you could simply leave them alone. They're likely high
density polyethylene so chemical treatments to soften or dissolve would be very
slow. But if it were me, I'd use a Dremel and a metal cutting bit.... VERY
slowly and carefully!   Good luck- J DeRyke