[DeTomaso] how to remove push in connectors for radiator fan

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:04:40 EST 2009

Hello,

I am removing the push in pins that secure my fans to the radiator.  They are the dreaded type that eventually cut holes in the radiator core-My car came this way.

I don't see an easy way to remove them.  They are the spring loaded ones with the pin and pieces of sqaure rubber on both sides.  When I push the spring in the only way I see would be to cut the other end off once exposed???
Any trick to get them off without cutting the radiator core?

Thanks

CW