[DeTomaso] ridiculous shipping prices!

dyogi at hawaii.rr.com dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 26 18:08:47 EST 2009

I needed a clutch master cylinder rebuild kit for a C&C type clutch master cylinder. This is the response that I got from one of the vendors:

Hello Dennis
We do carry CNC rebuild kits for the CNC Aluminun clutch master cylinder. The cost is $31.00. I did an estimate on shipping. We use UPS and I had 3 choices. The least expensive would be approximately $29. They call it 2-day, but I imagine that means two days to get to your city.

And they wonder why we don't buy from them and try to find the replacement parts on our own! These ridiculous shipping prices are what makes me go every other possible avenue to replace things before going to a vendor. When I first started buying Pantera parts I was ripped off on shipping several times before I learned. $49 shipping for a set of urethane bushings from one vendor and $82 shipping for a $99 alternator from another. Come on guys, a clutch rebuild kit cannot cost more than $5 to ship USPS!

Can anyone out there buy me a rebuild kit and send to to me via reasonable USPS?

Aloha from Hawaii,

Dennis
V.P. Paradise Panteras