[DeTomaso] Radiator drain and new hoses

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 15:16:03 EST 2009

Agreed- very stiff hoses can and have cracked soldered or welded radiator
fittings at the tanks. It's stiffer than the metal the spigots are attached to,
so vibration fatigue-cracks the metal. This is why no no one recommends using
real braided-stainless hose on street-car radiators. In this case, overkill
really can be an engine-killer. FWIW, I've also heard of Gates Gold-Stripe hose
but plain-vanilla Green Stripe and U.S-made worm clamps, now 19 years old on
our Pantera, is just fine. FWIW- J DeRyke