[DeTomaso] Radiator drain and new hoses

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 13:34:12 EST 2009

I didn't know they had blue-stripe. I learn something new on this list every week.

Blue-Stripe Specs:
3,000 to 6000 PSI
Temperature Range: -40°F to +250°F (-40°C to +121°C)
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=3044&location_id=3824

Green-Stripe Specs:
95 PSI
Temperature rating: –40°F to +257°F (–40°C to +125°C)
http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure=1494&location_id=1175

FWIW, I think the Blue-stripe hose is overkill as that's designed for extremely high
pressure, high impulse applications such as hydrostatic transmissions. And, since the
Green-Stripe hose has a higher temperature rating and your cooling system will never see
more than about 14psi of pressure before the radiator cap relieves pressure to the overflow
tank, there's likely no need for a 3000 PSI hose (or the additional cost).

Cheers!
Garth