[DeTomaso] Radiator drain and new hoses

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:24:39 EST 2009

Is there any best way to drain the radiator to get out all of the debris without a flush system?
I am changing out my temp sensor and am planning to drain/replace the antifreeze.

I have the heater shut off and there is zero coolant in the heater hoses as I drained it last winter when I redid the heater box. Is running the car for a few minutes and then draining best or does it even matter?

Also, how hard is it to install the Gates Blue stripe hose?  I was told it is better and lasts a lifetime but is very stiff.

Thanks

Clay