[DeTomaso] Two dumb techno questions

Dave McManus dave at damardirect.com
Sun Jan 25 17:23:58 EST 2009

Steve,

I replaced my old starter (original) with the 3223 DB Electrical unit last
fall. I can certainly tell a difference. I no longer have any problem with a
"hot" start. My original starter completely failed one day. I went through
the trouble shooting and replaced the solenoid & found that was not the
problem. Now I have a spare. I then bought the DB starter. I couldn't
believe how much smaller & lighter it is compared with the old one. You can
hold it up to mount with one hand. Dennis Yogi, in Hawaii, informed me of
DB. He is sold on his also. As I said the only issue is removing the old
studs and replacing with ones slightly longer (2 studs). I think about
1-1/2" longer but I can't remember exactly. I used some Liquid Wrench to
loosen the studs. Double nut them so you can back them out. The wiring is a
cinch, easy instructions are included with the starter. It sure starts
easier and faster. Once you get the studs replaced, you will have the
starter installed & wired in about 15 minutes. I did mine jacked up on the
garage floor. Let me know how it works out and if I can be of any
assistance.

IndyDave