[DeTomaso] Two dumb techno questions: The Plan

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jan 25 10:59:36 EST 2009

Dear Forum,

              Thanks to Larry, Mike, Mark, Tomas, David, Art, Paul and Asa.

               The Plan

              Problem One, the fuel sender----it *should not* be the gauge--my mistake will be treated with the appealingly simple approach of continuing to soak it in premium gasoline and hope that it dissolves the oxidation.   If that doesn't work, then out it comes for cleaning.   If that doesn't work, then a new one is the final solution.

              Problem Two, the starter problem.   I will try the extra ground cable, which I have on the other Pantera, which coincidentally, does *not* have a "hot" starting problem (it also has a Pantera Performance Center aftermarket starter of newer vintage than 1997).   I expect that the solenoid is the next inexpensive step.   If the lousy weather keeps up, then a starter rebuild might be an option.  Larry's email was very informative.

                                    Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles