[DeTomaso] dumb question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 16:31:21 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/22/09 13 27 3, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Is there a way to get "track insurance" In other words If some one comes to
> Reno and wraps their car around a tumble weed is there a way to get coverage
> for a day of track driving. If you are not actually racing against other
> cars is that still considered a "speed competition"?  I have wrecked enough
> cars and I would love to dive on the track but I would hate to eat the cost
> of a totaled Pantera.
>
> Boyd
> P.S. To Dawg Please don't suggest I grow some balls. I have balls but my
> wallet is a little light lately. ;<)

Some companies will insure cars that are driven in a non-competitive manner
(i.e. high performance driving schools, which is what we're doing here in the C
and B groups), others won't.   Some companies will offer a one-day rider to
your policy, but it's extremely expensive.

FWIW, we have *never* had an accident or any car damage among the B and C
groups in over ten years.   The only car-to-car contact that took place happened
many years ago, in the heat of the A-group race, when Charlie McCall and Gary
Hall got together; they sorted it out in a gentlemanly manner between
themselves and both cars were fixed

Your fears have some merit, but the fact is that you are much, MUCH more
likely to damage your car on the drive to and from the hotel, than on the
track....