[DeTomaso] Reno-Fernley track report

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 13:16:53 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/22/09 10 12 44, moconwell at msn.com writes:

> There is NO WAY I would trust someone near me going into a high-speed
> corner off a high-speed straight who has not been to SCCA/or a professional
> driving school and has experience.  Good luck!

Good point.   That's the reason that we will be restricting the passing zone
on the back straight, so that there aren't cars in close proximity going into
a 3rd (or maybe even 2nd) gear corner.   We will similarly be restricting the
passing zone on the front straight (to an extreme degree, a luxury we have
because it's so long) to ensure there is no drama approaching the first
left-right flick (a.k.a. turn 1).

We're more concerned about safety than anybody, and have taken all reasonable
measures to identify potential hazards and mitigate them, either by choosing
an alternate track layout, or artificially restricting driver behavior
approaching the hazardous zones.

Come on in.   The water's fine. :>)