[DeTomaso] Fw:  Advice Needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 11:31:21 EST 2009

Will,

This sounds like a tough situation.   I'd be willing to bet that much if not
all of your money has already been paid to the wheel manufacturer, and he is
screwing the vendor over big-time.   On one level, you have to feel sympathy
for the vendor, but on the other hand, you shouldn't be held financially
responsible either, and it's not unreasonable for you to get your money back in a
timely fashion.

I'd talk it over with the vendor; chances are your best bet will be to
dispute the charge with your credit card company, but it would be best if this was
done after consulting the vendor first, rather than just ambushing him.   VISA
will issue a full refund to you pending an investigation, which will take
quite awhile; hopefully by the conclusion of the investigation, the vendor will
have received his money back from the supplier and can make things right with
VISA.

On the other hand, it sounds like the supplier is the weak link in this
chain, and I can easily envision a scenario where he screws over the vendor
completely, and either ships the wheels after the order has been cancelled and keeps
the money, or *doesn't* ship the wheels and keeps the money.   Either way, the
vendor is probably going to take a beating.

But, that's what happens when a vendor relies on a disreputable supplier, and
ultimately that's not the customer's responsibility.