[DeTomaso] intake manifolds to Holley 650 DP race #4777

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 23:15:41 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/21/09 13 16 28, detomaso at luleweb.se writes:

> Which intake manifolds put De Tomaso on engine with Holley 650 DP race
> #4777?
>
>>>They used a Ford aluminum intake; Dan Jones probably knows the part
number.

> Which Ford aluminum intake manifolds is best to use with Holley 650 DP race
> #4777?
>
>>>If your racing rules will allow an aftermarket intake manifold, there are
many to choose from.   Some are better than others, and designed for different
purposes.   We'd have to know the specifics about your engine before we
(well, Dan and people as smart as Dan, of which there are precious few!) could make
a specific recommendation.

You are asking about building an engine for vintage racing as a Gr3 car,
which means no crazy high-rise tarantula-style intake manifolds....