[DeTomaso] Deck lid hinge pins

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Mon Jan 19 16:53:03 EST 2009

I pulled my engine/ZF this weekend and we decided to pull the hinge pins rather than the bolts.  It took about a dozen whacks with a hammer and punch to pop the pins.  (They weren't rusted or bent.)  When they go back in I am going to look at a safety wire / pin scenario ... just to be totally on the safe side.

That said, I assume that the deck lid shocks are not strong enough to hold the lid in place if the pins were to let go?  I would think that the chance of both pins falling out at the same time would be extremely small - so would one pin and both shocks be strong enough to hold things until you pulled over?

Thanks,
EA