[DeTomaso] Stock Rod Bolts

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Jan 17 14:08:33 EST 2009

Dear Thomas,

                Tom, Tom, Tom.   You are on a slippery slope.   The hardest
choice is to button up the oil pan and tell yourself that the 50 mile tested
re-build is everything you want and quit worrying about it.

                The most seductive option is to take any of the next small
slippery steps which do seem attractive and innocent:  new heads,  new rod
bolts, etc, etc.   The downside is that they all involve the upfront expense
and then the hidden expense of the next slippery step until you're looking
at an irresistible healthy new engine and a rather large bill from the
engine builder/machine shop.   One thing leads to another with engines.

              Others more experienced that I can answer your question, but
given your expected usage, I think that you would be fine with your current
set up of rods and rod bolts.

                                     Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles