[DeTomaso] Stock Rod Bolts

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sat Jan 17 13:47:20 EST 2009

Thanks Paul...I'm told that the ARP bolts have to be pressed in. Then the rod end needs
resizing which changes the weight...doesn't all this require removing the piston from the rod,
if so the rings will lose their original alignment in the bores...then wouldn't that disrupt the
breakin and seating that has already started?

My first thought was yep bang the bolts out and replace them and I'm done, then I read they have to be
pressed in, and the machine shop I consulted said the rod end has to be resized because the ARP
bolts are slightly different requiring resizing.

I wasn't too worried about the rods, I read they are forged and have hear from some that
they've seen the stock rods survive a 7500 rpm missed shift. I'm going to run a rev limiter
at 6000 rpm so it should keep that from happening.

Tom