[DeTomaso] Panteras at BJ

Mark shelbygt at cfu.net
Sat Jan 17 12:38:44 EST 2009

Agreed Goran, everyone has their own motivation.

I feel fortunate to have found a nearly unmolested car.  Had original window
sticker, sales invoice and warranty card.  It had cooling upgrades done,
which are required, as I understand, if you want to drive them at all.
Beyond that little was changed and most all was saved that was changed.
That's why I bought it.  I stuffed some aftermarket campy clones and steam
rollers on it as it looks so darned good with them.  I saved the original
wheels and tires.

I don't sell anything so resale is a moot point for me.  I buy something
because I like it, not because I want to sell it.  On the other hand I could
get mowed over tomorrow.  If I do I want what I have able to be brought back
to original spec relatively easily in case my kids want to sell.  IMHO if
there is any hope of big dollars down the road for these things it will come
in their originality.  What little I don't have to bring it back that way
I'm going to buy as I go.

What a value these things are, though!  They look like $300k just sitting
there.  The Pantera still gets my vote for one of the coolest things on four
wheels.  It's even Ford powered, an absolute requirement for me.  Given the
low production numbers, aesthetics, etc. I don't see why they aren't high
dollar.  I'm just glad they weren't yet when I bought mine.  Perhaps in time
they will be??  They should be???