[DeTomaso] Panteras at BJ

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jan 17 00:16:56 EST 2009

David,

I'm not sure who the comment was directed at, but in my case I can tell
you I have no preconceived notions that my car will be worth glorious
amounts of money after I'm gone.  I realize a lot of it value is
sentimental to me and me alone and trying to put a dollar price on it is
difficult.  So I overcompensate, telling myself that if I were to sell
it, I'd want XXXX amount of money, knowing nobody in their right mind
would probably pay for it.

In the case of this car, I'd seen it or one of it's brothers (wasn't
there more than one?) in Las Vegas a couple of times.  I thought it was
a beautiful car, but had I owned it, I probably would never have driven
it.  I admired the work that went into it, but to me it was a real
trailer queen show piece.  I'd rather be able to drive my cars, but I
can't say that if I was a bazillionaire, that I wouldn't end up with a
nice show car trailer queen myself.

When a loved one goes, we tend to remember how they loved what they did
and the values they put to things.  I think Bob's remark is a reflection
of that.  Put in another light, if George were alive, I think he'd be
very disappointed in what the car sold for.  But since he's not, we
invoke the often used grave-spinning analogy.

Of course, (as I often do), I'm probably missing your point.
Asa Jay
:)

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie