[DeTomaso] Deck lid hinge pins

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri Jan 16 20:17:25 EST 2009

Of course, it is worth repeating the irony in this travesty.  The previous
week the list was discussing how to improve airflow around the rear of the
car to minimize flow that causes the rear decklid to lift at speed.  It was
intuitive to many that the flow of air from under the car up through the
engine bay was less than ideal.  Belly pans were discussed. The thought was
that if the flow was efficiently directed around the rear of the Pantera
with less drag, the decklid may stay stable even when unlatched.

Of course, Mad Dawg barreled, with his usual delicacy, into the conversation
saying something to the effect that such an exercise was a waste of time and
suitable only for men who wear women's clothing.  :^)

I think it was the very next week that the aerodynamics he sought to ignore
destroyed his deckled and compromised his wallet.

Perhaps, we should revisit the topic?

JT