[DeTomaso] PUR GOLD sells for $50K at B-J

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 20:02:18 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/16/09 16 14 57, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> Wasn't that a heck of a deal?  I have a Pantera book with its picture in it,
> and it looked very nice.  After I put the new engine in mine, I'll have as
> much or more than that in mine!

It was beautifully constructed, but absolutely hideously tacky and tasteless.
  I'd be embarrassed to be seen in it.

Too bad, because the quality was definitely there.   The paint was gorgeous,
and the engineering was first-rate (fuel-injected 4.6L).   But if it was mine
and I wasn't allowed to change it, I think I'd drive it straight into a blast
furnace. :>)

You can see it on the B-J website, Lot 963.

BTW the total BS custom Pantera (lot 967.1) sold for $43K plus 10% buyer's
premium.   Speed was away at commercial when it came across the block.

Another case of somebody spending an enormous amount of money and effort to
ruin a Pantera, and then taking an absolute beating when it came time to sell
it. :<(

Russo & Steele has a beautiful Pantera and a Mangusta going across the block;
their website isn't updating the selling prices unfortunately.   I predict
good results for both of those cars.