[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 54, Issue 16-Engine Blues

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 12:15:32 EST 2009

I finally tore into my high dollar Pontiac motor
that was built in Idaho and found the rear seal
was leaking for a reason as the rear main was
walking around... also have the center cam bearing
melting out... not good... the crowler rods and ross
pistons look great but the rest is a mess... my Pantera
engine builder (only motor I have not wrecked) told me
it would be an easy fix but I know I still have problems
keeping oil pressure up in a corner even with a road
race pan.... this is Motor number 8 in the car that
has had problems

I hate to say it but I am giving up on Pontiacs
and going should I say Chevy... Maybe small
block stroker or get my buddies old stroked
boat motor 468 big block Chevy that has never
been fired for 20 years with a bunch of high dollar
parts and machine work.. We could go thru it
and then buy all the goodies for the Firebird same
as Camero

Bob Benson #3
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)