[DeTomaso] Toyo 15in. tires-the options again...and again...fronts

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Thu Jan 15 00:04:22 EST 2009

Matt,

I purchased the same Toyo tires as you and I will have them installed on #5606 in a couple of weeks. I run 8's and 10's on the factory 15" wheels.

I did do one thing different-I bought 4-rear tires, instead of 2. Since I knew that they were difficult to get, all I need is to get a nail in the sidewall of one rear tire to make the whole set of 4 tires useless. Hence, I have a couple of back up tires.

If I don't ever need to use them as backups, then I have the beginnings of a replacement set of tires for the future.

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire

Thanks for the replies everybody. Good stuff on the forum link Garth.Thanks!
I checked with my local Les Schwab dealer and they did show the 295's as a discontinued size but could still locate me a set and have them the next day.
The price was $160.00 per tire for the 295's and $125.00 for the 225's. Something like $704.00 with tax,mounting etc.

Discount-tires-2go only charged $121.00 and $91.00 respectivily for a total of $485.92 including $61.92 to ship UPS ground to Everett WA..
They didn't charge me tax but a little note on the order said shipping and tax subject to change so we'll see.
Not a deal breaker,still cheap for a good set of rim protectors so I pulled the trigger and ordered em up.

Thanks as well to the guy who wrote about his high speed antics in his Pantera on old BFG stones.Mine are only about 6 years old with good tread left but it got me
thinking I'd should upgrade before they're gone, and they will go away soon I believe. Same as the BFG's did shortly after I bought my last set.
Like Garth says snatch em up while they're still available or you'll be buying expensive new wheels and tires that much sooner to replace your prized original Campys with the carmelized BFG's.
Or you can wait til the next manufacturer decides to make 15" performance tires for us.... how likely does that sound but who knows?

Are the Toyo's a directional tread pattern meaning it matters what direction they're mounted? Looks like it to me.
If so wayyyyyy cool just like the big boy tires....:-)

Thanks again all,
Matt Wells
3584