[DeTomaso] Toyo 15in. tires-the options again...and again...fronts

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 14:16:25 EST 2009

<<< Just make sure they are V-rated or higher. >>>

295/50-15 Toyo Proxes ST are "H" rated (130 mph)
225/50-15 Toyo Proxes 4's are "V" rated (149 mph)

An ""H" rating is likely the best you're going to do for a street tire in a suitable size for the
rear of the Pantera. I have been unsuccessful locating any of the mythical limited
production P7's suitably sized for the rear of our cars. I think Hankook made a V-rated tire
in a 295/50-15 size, but they had no matching (or even suitably sized) tire for the front of
the Pantera, so you would be forced to use a different manufacturer on the front.

You may be able to purchase a V-rated DOT legal race tire in a suitable size from Coker,
Hoosier or Avon.