[DeTomaso] Anyone tested the Michelin TB tires?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Jan 14 07:35:25 EST 2009

I was used to drive only on TB tires during the 80:s. The longest I could
get out
of the rear tires was just about 5000 miles. But even so, this is better
than  the
Avon:s I now use. On the track I usually get 600 miles from them and the
best
street only is 3000 miles.
No matter the price it self, $2000/3000 miles is $0.66 each mile! What about
gas price when driving sportscars???
However, those earlier Michelins where terrific tires, I should take a look
at the
new ones and see what their weight is. As they are street legal they might
be
havier and use thicker rubber.
Goran