[DeTomaso] Toyo 15in. tires-the options again...and again...fronts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jan 14 02:15:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/13/09 22 46 31, matt at nwpantera.com writes:

> but for now which Toyo 225's work best with the 295's ?
>
> toyo just doesn't sound right on a Pantera...but I need fresh rubber

Well, you definately don't want the R888, which is a (barely) DOT-legal race
tire.   The tread pattern on the T1R seems closest to the 295s, and they are a
slightly higher performance tire, or so it seems from the puff on the Toyo
website.   Having said that, the Proxes 4 might be a better 'all weather' tire.
 The T1R does have a lot of attention paid to water management though, so I'd
probably be inclined to go that route.

Isn't that what you have, Garth?