[DeTomaso] up size wheels and tires

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Tue Jan 13 22:48:44 EST 2009

Dear Boyd,

              Mike summarized it pretty well.   The rears are pretty easy
and with the correct offset can easily accommodate 17x11 inch wheels with
your choice of tires 295---up to 335.  The  fronts easily accommodate 17 x 8
with no problems.   17 x9 are quite possible, but can require some, umm,
"adjustments" on some cars.   Front tire sizes are commonly available for
whatever wheel you might choose.    I would suggest that you contact a
vendor and see they have.   They have the correct offsets and backspacing
and will just bolt on.

                              Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles