[DeTomaso] Hmmmmm-just curious-do any Panteras exist with a 100K+ miles on them?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 21:51:48 EST 2009

FWIW, the Banzai Runner had 84,000 miles on it when I purchased it in 2003. It was the
highest mileage Pantera I looked at, BUT it was the BEST driving, handling, shifting,
stopping car of all of them that I looked at.

Cars are like airplanes; hangar rot kills em!  I'd much rather have a car that's been driven
regularly and well maintained than a low-mileage example that's had nothing done to it in
over a decade.

As far as anyone "turning back the odometer" - I don't think it's an issue that plagues
Panteras as their values are seldom (if at all) tied to their mileage; there have been a
couple of ULTRA-LOW mileage cars that fetched pretty good money at auction, but I
speculate they were purchased by investors NOT knowledgeable in Panteras.

IMO, the well-maintained properly upgraded car with everything working is worth more than
the low-mileage time capsule that needs $15,000 of upgrades before it can be safely driven
across town.

Cheers!
Garth