[DeTomaso] Shock recomendations

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 03:44:18 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/12/09 4:07:01 PM, MikeLDrew writes:

> Uh...what?  The only frame breakage I'm aware of happened to Ellis Woumnm's
> car, which was chained down by the frame to a flatbed tow truck and then
> driven over very rough roads; the stresses were enough to break a chassis rail,
> which was repaired in Roger Sharp's driveway.  But I've never heard of stock
> suspension mounts simply ripping out of a car due to hard driving?  Can you
> share the specific instances where this occurred?

Uhhh... fine. A year ago, Larry Stock broke both front lower subframes clean
off, possibly in jumping that humpback bridge in an ORR, and you've forgotten
our ex-Nor-Cal member's GT-5 that cracked both lower a-arm attach tabs, likely
due to some brutality in driving. And these are only the ones that happened
locally; I remember another that happened in So-Cal but not the details. FWIW-
J DeRyke