[DeTomaso] expoxy for manifold/intakes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 03:09:29 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/12/09 5:37:05 PM, rimov at charter.net writes:

> Or does it even matter since the intake gasket blocks the crossover port in
> the first place. It just seems like over time the exhaust and heat would
> wear away the gasket and start leaking into the crossover or worse along the
> gasket and manifold's sides.

I've welded them up but a patch cut from a beer can is the traditional
block-off plate for this. It fits under the gasket, trims with scissors and being
only 0.004" thick, doesn't cause gasket trouble. Glues inside the manifold
experience some strong pulsations of fuel/air, and with normal epoxy shrinkage and
heat, they can come loose and flake. Good luck- J DeRyke