[DeTomaso] 428 tunnel port

Thomas Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Tue Jan 13 00:49:57 EST 2009

Today I was at a machine shop dropping off my new quenched heads for magnaflux and inspection
and was shown a super rare 428 Tunnel Port head. HOLLY CRIMANY those ports were as big as a
small fist. Very interesting port shape, round on the top and sides and then somewhat flat on the bottom.
I thought the 351C ports were big, these looked to be 20% maybe 30% bigger. The machine shop
owner keeps them in his office and said it would cost him $6K to replace them if they were accidentally
swapped for another set of heads.

Tom Borcich