[DeTomaso] Replacement for banjo fitting on fuel cell ...

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 17:27:34 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/12/09 11:45:43 AM, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> I've seen pix of some fuel tanks that appear to have replaced the banjo
> fitting at the top with a larger diameter (3/8" ?) 90-degree connector to the
> tank's feeder line.

The banjo threads into a welded boss, which with care could be retapped to a
little larger SAE or AN thread. Be careful not to enlarge the boss so far you
break the inner welded line free of the weld. This seems like a reasonable
idea as the stock banjo fitting is restrictive, except that the primary
restriction then becomes the welded line inside the tank which is smaller than 3/8".
Personally, its not that hard to simply reproduce the late fuel-out line in an
early gauge sender with a 3/8" section. This leaves the banjo and its line for
a carb return line, or even for an EFI return and moves the primary
restriction to the fuel pump fittings and ports. Good luck- J Deryke