[DeTomaso] Shock recomendations

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 16:38:09 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/11/09 12:51:48 PM, gudmundfroiland at yahoo.no writes:

> While you gys are on about shock`s.Do you happen to know if there are any
> difference on the springs used on US cars with the spacers than the ones used
> on European`s with out spacers?

Typically, those ride-height spacers come off & go on a shelf in the garage
before any other suspension mods are done. I'd be surprised if Euro Panteras
got different springs than US, at least as-stock. What spring pressures you run
depends on what you expect to do with the car, the quality of pavement you
expect to encoiunter, the car's total weight and how you drive. Finally, remember
that with gas shocks, you add the effect of gas pressures to the spring
strengths. Gas-pressurized Konis at 350 psi internal adds about 40 lbs of spring
presssure. Cheers- J Deryke