[DeTomaso] Replacement for banjo fitting on fuel cell ...

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 14:48:20 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/12/09 11 45 46, eanderson at geotracinternational.com
writes:

> I've seen pix of some fuel tanks that appear to have replaced the banjo
> fitting at the top with a larger diameter (3/8" ?) 90-degree connector to the
> tank's feeder line.
>
> If you have performed this mod, I would be interested in the details.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I don't know if you're referring to modifications made to early tanks, or if
you're thinking of the later tanks, which did away with the banjo fitting
entirely and incorporated the fuel pickup into the fuel sender.

New-style fuel senders are available from Wilkinson, fairly cheaply, and for
max fuel flow, you could actually configure your fuel lines with a T-fitting,
so that you draw fuel from both locations and join them to a single, larger
line that feeds the carb.