[DeTomaso] Dick Guldstrand

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 18:13:54 EST 2009

Dick is a super nice and fascinating person.   I very often have the pleasure
of seeing him at our many  local events.  I also work with a personal friend
of  his and have visited his shop on many occasions and have an ongoing
invitation to take my class to his shop.  It's a treat  hearing him address a crowd
with his amusing reenactments of his  race experiences especially his 24 Hour
of Le Mans story from way back.  As  you all probably know, he was
instrumental in Vette race history and in  designing his own Vette customizations for
years; also an honored  member of the Corvette Hall of Fame.  I once took my
Pantera to a Vette  meeting (something I enjoy doing, taking the wrong car to an
event : ) and he  got a kick out of seeing it and telling me P. stories from
his past and  of the parts he made for the Pantera in the early days.  I've
been  intending for a while to compile my pictures of Dick and his  shop, and all
the interesting data of Dick's involvement with the  Pantera and his De
Tomaso family tales in an article for Profiles.  You  have inspired me to speed the
process.  Stand by.
Laurie
p.s. Once leaving the Huntington Beach Concours with my brother in my  Vette
(bro. was driving),
we happened to be right next to Dick and his  wife on the street.  He was in
his gold and blue super high  performance custom Vette (500+hp).  My bro
started to play around and make  the move as if he was going to race him. Dick, now
in his 80's,  but that didn't stop him from hauling @$$ and taking off like
gang busters.  The next time I saw him, I told him the story and he recalled it
and told  me how his wife got on his case that time and told him he was
forever a  little boy!  Don't you just love it!

[DeTomaso] DeTomaso connection with  Guldstrand
Kjetil Finne _kjetfinn  at online.no _
(mailto:detomaso at list.realbig.com?Subject=[DeTomaso]%20DeTomaso%20connection%20with%20Guldstrand&In-Reply-To=)
Sun Jan 11 16:18:02 CST 2009