[DeTomaso] Shock recomendations

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Sun Jan 11 13:45:50 EST 2009

Mike (and others),

When I was part of a shock deal back when Al Chelini put the first one together,
the price annoyed the vendors.  It almost fell thru when the vendors
assaulted/complained to Aldan.  After that it was suggested to NOT BE PUBLIC
with the details to not harm the vendor/Aldan (or other shock supplies) relationship.

Although my e-mail from Jim N. included at least one vendor (Larry $tock) so the cat
may have already been released...

That is why I was non-specific in my forum post... to help out "some eastern chapter"
but not make a public announcement... To those that contacted me directly I forwarded
the info, which is how it should be.

Otherwise the manufacturers will just raise the price of their "group buys" to make
the vendors happy.

Now when I bought I had already determined my spring rates (I contacted the guy that
created the software to determine an optimal value - Goran I think? Correct me guys!)
And he took my factors and parameters and replied with the numbers.  I went with his
suggest and am very happy, (although no track time yet...).

I would have bought the software, but I didn't have time, and still join the shock
group buy.

I tried to get this set up from ALL the vendors, and they replied by suggesting
different numbers (what they had in stock), or even larger spring diameters, when
was not acceptable to me... So really I could not buy from the vendors as they could
not deliver what I REALLY wanted.

Chuck