[DeTomaso] selling the Pantera-getting a Gran Torino!-Gran

Mark shelbygt at cfu.net
Sat Jan 10 23:03:53 EST 2009

Just took the family to the movie.  Great Clint Eastwood flick.  Probably
the best he's done in a long time.  Hadn't seen the previews so I didn't
know what to expect.  Clint has always been at or near the top of my list.
I've seen the Outlaw Josey Wales about 20 times (or more) and still think
it's one of my favorite movies.

The car in the move smacks of 351C but it would take more of a Torino expert
than me to determine anything from what I could see.  I think 71 was the
last year for 429CJ.  69 was the last year for 428CJ (in a Torino).  To me
it was a nice, clean example of a Gran Torino.  A really sharp car.  My best
( now deceased) friend had a 70 Cobra Torino with a 429CJ/4speed.  Nice car
but was a little too big and heavy at the time for my taste.  I could
appreciate it more now.  I've had too many tickets and don't have anything
I'd care to wrap around a tree at this time, especially with me in it.