[DeTomaso] Shock recomendations

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Sat Jan 10 13:59:44 EST 2009

While I am waiting around for my rotors still (Yes they came in wrong again!  But I think we finally have it figured out now.)  I wanted to get opinions on shocks for the Pantera.

I have a two original rear Konis and two replacement front adjustable Konis that I was going to put on.  I am going to send them off to TrueChoice to have them tested and then rebuilt if necessary.  That will cost about $165 ea. to do plus shipping, ect.  So, if they are all bad, I am looking at around $700.

So my question is, am I better off getting one of the vendors new aluminum coilovers  for a few bucks extra?  If so, who's got the best shock package?  Of course this all depends on the outcome of the testing, but I thought I might weigh my options now.

Thanks,
Ian