[DeTomaso] Tire Failures (Re: How tough are the 15" factory magnesiumwheels?-UPDATE-"I'm no Mad Dawg")

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Jan 10 12:22:46 EST 2009

These have been excellent examples of WHY the tire inspectors at Open
Road Races will NOT accept tires with older date codes.  They have these
rules for a reason, for a SAFETY reason.  Date Code, Speed Rating, Tread
Limits, etc.  They all contribute to the life of a tire.  The last thing
we need is some Doug Mann not paying attention to his tires and ending
up upside down after shearing a phone pole from leaving the road.

Be safe out there, check your tires.  It's the only thing between you
and the road.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie