[DeTomaso] Comments about engine build welcome

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 13:49:16 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/9/09 9:32:02 AM, jason.eaton at gmail.com writes:

> The engine builder I used was Al Leist who built engines for NASCAR and
> NHRA teams back in the day. He was in the Northern CA area but now is in
> Placerville.

FWIW, Al is a personal friend, still a Pantera owner, and builds most of
Larry Stock's PPC-Reno engines as well as many custom setups from flathead Fords
to DOHC foreign engines. He was building successful stroker Clevelands 35 years
ago. He not only builds engines, he bores blocks, has his own engine dyno,
balancing equipment and crank-grinding machines. A full-service hot-rodder! He's
the creator of the famous Cleveland-head-on-a-350-Chevy-block drag engines
for Nostalgia dragsters. FWIW- J DeRyke