[DeTomaso] Turkey Pan gasket install question

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Fri Jan 9 12:14:38 EST 2009

Morning any one have a detailed step by step procedure for installing the turkey pan style intake gasket. I have never installed a turkey pan gasket set but it was recommended by Dan Jones as the heads have the exhaust passages. I was told by Dan Jones that I could use the pan style along with the better 1240 port gaskets and said that I would have to trim something but I can not find his Email. In the past I have just used the individual gaskets and run a bead of gasket sealer along the front and rear of the intake but It looks like the turkey pan has some very nice rubber gaskets with tabs to hold the gasket from being pushed out or leaking. It looks like the ports on the gasket, pan, heads and intake are perfectly matched.

Looking at the instructions that came with the gasket it says to use gasket sealer around the water passages and shows a diagram with a bead of gasket sealer around the water passages as well as around the ports but the Cleveland does not have any such water passages. So do I just run a bead around the intake ports on the pan and install the intake.

Cheers

Paul