[DeTomaso] NPC- Tool Advice Needed-Lathes

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 9 02:44:03 EST 2009

Guys:

This is for the "home shop machinists" out there. I need some advice on lathe to purchase. I'm looking for anyone that has experience with the current "crop" of metal cutting lathes, in the 10" to 12" range, with a length of bed of at least 20", essentially a 10" by 20", to a 12" by 36". Gap bed, or not, but I really want to go with a quick change gearbox. In terms of brand, I'm willing to look at any from used, to new imports.

If you do have some knowledge that you wouldn't mind sharing, please get back to me off-list. No sense in subjecting these gearheads to metalhead talk.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"