[DeTomaso] How tough are 15" factory magnesium wheels

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Thu Jan 8 12:23:59 EST 2009

I had the same concern about losing stick-on weights when my wheels were balanced with new tires.
Someone had once told me to use a thin coat of silicone sealant over the weights & extend it slightly
past all the edges of the weights so that when it set up everything would be firmly attached to the wheel
rim. I did this & have never had a problem after numerous track events & one ORR. It may add a small
amount of weight in doing this but it has never made any difference that I can feel. Don't think those babies will ever come off on their own now!  :<)))

Bob