[DeTomaso] Cooling holes in A3 Heads & Lifter Failure Too

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Tue Jan 6 22:27:24 EST 2009

Jason

At least you caught the lifter deterioration before it fragged your engine.
How many miles would you estimate were on the car after 5 years.

In my experience, I lost the first set of solid rollers after about 4,000
miles. That was more than 12 years ago.  I have been told that recent cam
technology has improved and the lobe ramps are now more gentler and add to
the roller lifter's life.  I am curious if your experience bore that out.

JT