[DeTomaso] alternator brackets

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 20:11:40 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/6/09 16 49 16, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Kirk Evans builds one, but he told me it only fits an alternator with a GM
> body, and he said the vendors carry such a one.  I don't know if this is the
> one-wire I've heard referred to or not.

You can get them either way.   The GM alternators use an internal voltage
regulator, and are cheap and available at every auto parts store in the country
in a variety of different amperages.

He prefers to use the three-wire variety for better overall performance, and
to retain the stock function of the amp light...and so that's what I've got on
my car.