[DeTomaso] Pantera vs. Saturn drag race

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Tue Jan 6 14:03:49 EST 2009

No need for physics or guessing.  Watch the launch of an Apollo mission
rocket on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc1IKpWZpxc

It takes around 10 seconds for the rocket to clear its own height (360
feet) and several more to reach a quarter mile (1,320 feet).  In that
time, a top fuel car has popped its chutes and is headed back to the
garage.

The 180 foot tall Space Shuttle is a bit quicker but still no match for
a top fuel car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FROxZ5i67k