[DeTomaso] happy ending

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Jan 6 14:01:47 EST 2009

After having the bookcases in the garage fall on my Pantera, I took it to the body shop, and a few days later, and after over $2000 of body work, I got the car back yesterday.

It looks fantastic, and in addition to the bookcase damage, I paid a little extra to have the hood repainted.  There was a small gash in the very front edge from when the previous owner accidentally pushed it into something in his garage, and the shop repaired that, too.

So now the body is actually in better condition that it was.

My insurance company, Hagerty, covered the bookshelf damage (with tax that was about $1900 of the total bill) with no issues whatsoever.

In fact, the check from them came directly to me, made out to me, within a week or two from making the claim.

Pretty good all the way around.  Now, of course, I'll wince all the more every time I hear a rock hit the front of the car as I drive to the POCA fun rally in Reno!

Sincerely,

Chris