[DeTomaso] Cooling holes in A3 Heads & Lifter Failure Too

Jason Eaton jason.eaton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:22:10 EST 2009

I'm not sure if this is right, but my current 351C had the head gasket
covering water jacket holes in the A3 heads which wont allow coolant
to pass from block to head. As far as I can tell this passage goes
underneath the thermostat housing. Anybody know if this should be
blocked or not?

http://www.jasoneaton.net/images/IMG_1449.html

In other news I took apart my motor since I had it out and found two
solid roller lifters which have nearly failed. So count another solid
roller lifter failure. ( albeait after 5 years of hard use ).

http://www.jasoneaton.net

Thanks.