[DeTomaso] Carbon Fiber Brake discs!!!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 5 16:19:45 EST 2009

In a message dated 1/5/09 6:15:48 AM, michael at michaelshortt.com writes:

> Carbon Fiber brakes .....BEGIN working at 1,200 degrees (F) and are
> capable, and in fact, perform better as they get hotter- up to 3,000 degrees.

I've always been curious as to how the racers using these things insulate the
brake fliud from boiling. After all, a monstrous heat source is only
milimeters away from the caliper pistons. The bike racers using them don't have to
worry about radiated heat to the wheels and tires since the discs are much
smaller than the wheels, and are actually shrouded rather than air-cooled, but I
imagine car racers do.... Curious- J DeRyke