[DeTomaso] Fw: Fw: Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

R o s s H chaos at ross.aero
Mon Jan 5 14:36:54 EST 2009

> ...to put they're lives on the line to help me or anyone else.

I'm always bothered by the "lives on the line" worship, because it just
isn't the truth.  Actually, it  ("cop") is a relatively safe occupation. It
is
more dangerous to be a garbage collector, recycler, farmer, rancher,
pilot, logger, fisherman, roofer, linesman, driver, trucker, and others.

There are 21 fatalities per 100,000 police and sheriff's patrol officers.
For farmers and ranchers, that number is 38. The highest is 112. Note
that "patrol" is just one assignment, presumably other LEA assignments
worked during somone's taxpayer-supported high-pensioned career are
about as safe as office work.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf    (see page 4)